SELL YOUR BOAT
Looking to sell your boat?
We sell boats, so we’re always on the lookout for good quality boats that compliment our business.
We utilise 21st century technology so we are able to market your boat to the widest possible range of buyers. As a result our friendly & trustworthy team gets results.
How Much Will It Cost?
A question we are often asked is ‘What will it cost to sell my boat through Terence Dean?’
This will depend on the final sale price of your boat, however this can easily be calculated as we charge a 6% brokerage fee. GST inclusive.
When we sell boats as brokerage, we make sure that you, the vendor, stays in control of the sale price at all times.
Selling your boat has been made simpler and more transparent with our step-by-step process to ensure you receive the best offer possible.
How does the process work?
- Step 1 Tell us about your boat via the live chat or call us on 1300 818 633.
- Step 2 Based on this information we will give you a market valuation for your boat and explain our commission structure.
- Step 3 We then ask you to put together an inventory and collect as much information as you can about your boat. The more info we have about its servicing & maintenance, options, electronics etc, the more attractive it will be to buyers who are in the market for a similar boat.
- Step 4 Make an appointment with one of the team so we can come and inspect your boat. During this time we will be able to meet in person and complete the necessary paper work in order for us to list and sell your boat.
- Step 5 We take it from here – as this is where we start to earn our money (bearing in mind we only get paid when we sell your boat).
- Step 6 We will present all offers to you for your consideration. Hopefully at this point we have found the right offer and we proceed to sale. Completing all documentation to allow the buyer to transfer ownership.
- Step 7 Settlement, this is where you receive the proceeds of the sale, less our agreed brokerage fee.
Note: We do not take every listing that comes across our desk. We select only those that complement our business, if we do not accept your boat we will refer you to one of our trusted partners here in Melbourne or one of our trusted partners interstate if you are not located in Victoria.
Not Ready to Sell?
Register your boat “off market” with us and if we find a matching buyer we can contact you to discuss any possible sale.